Which one to choose

Vote for Which one to choose
Alicia Ross

I am Already a tax prepaer, and need to take the exam . Which is the best direction to go with

Expert Level Question
Please login or register to comment on a question.

3 Answer(s)

Vote for this anser to Which one to choose

Mr. Rain is right, if you want to be a Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP) or an Enrolled Agent designations it depends on you. You will have unlimited to represent your clients before the IRS with all level if you are an EA, and limited with the IRS if you are RTRP. I myself has had PTIN for a long time ago, and I've learnt that the new rule would effect all Tax Preparers in the next few year before I became an EA. Hope this will be helpful.

Vote for this anser to Which one to choose
Rain Hughes That depends on you. For many, this is a great time to get the EA. What we hear most often is that it makes sense because you must take an exam and CPE anyway, so why not put in a little more effort and go for it. We also have CPA review if you are really ambitious.
Vote for this anser to Which one to choose
Joseph Fraher

If you are going to test and need CPE anyway go for the EA!!!


Report the question for review or moderation

To the extent any advice relating to a Federal tax issue is contained in this communication, including in any attachments, it was not written or intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (a) avoiding any tax related penalties that may be imposed on you or any other person under the Internal Revenue Code, or (b) promoting, marketing or recommending to another person any transaction or matter addressed in this communication.

The Best Strategy

CPA Exam Guide + Test Bank + Unlimited Exams
CPA AUD, FAR, REG, & BEC Study Guides, Free Test Bank, & Unlimited Practice Exams

Want to pass the CPA exam the first time? Try a course like no other...

The Best EA CPE

Try Our FREE Enrolled Agent CPE
Quality Enrolled Agent Continuing Professional Education (EA CPE)

Learn more about FFA's Quality Enrolled Agent Continuing Professional Education.

Enrolled Agent Affliated Schools