IRS Collection & Review
This course offers students a unique opportunity to learn from two tax professionals as they share their expertise in a myriad of IRS practice and procedure subjects. Both Stuart Sobel and Steven Mopsick retired from high-level positions with the Internal Revenue Service. Since their retirement, they have practiced extensively in the private sector.
- Explanation of IRS assessments
- Statutes of limitation on assessments
- Abating assessments
- Dealing with the automated collection system
- Representation before a revenue officer
- Explanation of general and special tax liens
- Priority of IRS liens
- Filing, discharge, and withdrawal of a lien
- IRS levy — exemptions and defense of liens
- Seizures of property
- Collection due process hearings — IRS appeals and tax court procedures
- Spousal defenses
- IRS summons
- Understand representation of a client before an IRS collection official
- Define the IRS terminology relating to levies, liens, seizures, collection, etc.
- Have improved knowledge of IRS assessments and statutes of limitations
- Avoid tax malpractice mistakes in client representation
Delivery Method: Self Study
Field of Study: Other Federal Tax
Advance Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Expiration: In accordance with NASBA standards, access to this course will terminate one year from the date of purchase. Incomplete courses will no longer be accessible beyond the one year deadline.