IRS Practice & Procedure Update
While most practitioners stay current on developments in rulings and regulations, it can be more difficult to find useful information that covers new IRS pronouncements on procedures and ethical guidelines.
This course is here to help. Stuart Sobel, an IRS expert with 49 years of unique tax experience, will help you to stay current, reduce wasted time, and diminish stress in your tax practice.
- How to research the Internal Revenue Manual
- Significant changes to IRS Circular 230 and the status of legislation dealing with mandating all preparers be governed by IRS Circular 230 — Wyden/Hatch Bill
- IRS Examination program new developments — changes in examination targets
- Offers in compromise, installment agreements, and other collection actions
- IRS reductions in taxpayer service
- IRS penalties — preparing Forms 8275 and avoiding penalties
- Major IRS problems identified by IRS advisory group and the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
- Offshore voluntary initiative and hot international tax issues
- New IRS tools and resources that save valuable time
- Acquire new information about recent developments in IRS practice and procedures
- Research the Internal Revenue Manual
- Implement new techniques that will reduce their clients' tax liabilities
- Properly advocate for their clients
Delivery Method: Self Study
Field of Study: Other Federal Tax
Advance Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Expiration: In accordance with NASBA standards, access to this course will terminate one year from the date of purchase. Incomplete courses will no longer be accessible beyond the one year deadline.