Payroll Tax Planning
Payroll taxes have become a huge burden for the average business, and penalties for noncompliance can be devastating. This course provides an in-depth analysis of the major crises taxpayers can encounter in the area of payroll taxes and provides guidance for resolving the problems in clients' best interest.
- Employee vs. independent contractor determinations
- Responsible officer determinations — IRC section 6672
- Negotiating with the IRS Appeals Office
- Section 530 employees
- Proper handling of fringe benefits
- Distinguish an employee from an independent contractor and understand the available relief
- Comply with the various reporting requirements
- Understand how to abate penalties
Delivery Method: Self Study
Field of Study: Other Federal Tax
Advance preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Expiration: In accordance with NASBA standards, access to this course will terminate one year from the date of purchase. Incomplete courses will no longer be accessible beyond the one year deadline.