Tax Litigation Review & Update
This course offers students a unique opportunity to learn from two tax professionals as they share their expertise in a myriad of IRS practice and procedure subjects. Both Stuart Sobel and Steven Mopsick retired from high-level positions with the Internal Revenue Service. Since their retirement, they have practiced extensively in the private sector.
This course focuses on the challenging subject of IRS tax litigation procedures.
- Understanding the relationship between IRS Appeals and the District Counsel
- How to keep a case off of the tax court calendar
- Defaulter statutory notices and IRS requests for reconsideration
- Navigating the US Tax Court
- How to insure that IRS reads a tax practitioner's documentation
- Filing motions with the fax court
- IRS staffing — litigation
- Advise clients about appeal procedures beyond the informal appeals process
- Understand the differences between cases taken to tax court and those taken to district court
- Avoid tax malpractice mistakes in client representation
Delivery Method: Self Study
Field of Study: Other Federal Tax
Advance preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Expiration: In accordance with NASBA standards, access to this course will terminate one year from the date of purchase. Incomplete courses will no longer be accessible beyond the one year deadline.