Primer on Retirement Plans for Small Business
Introduction to Course:
There are several retirement plan options available to business owners. Each plan comes with its own set of benefits and requirements. This course explores the advantages and incentives of creating a retirement plan, as well as discussing the differences and statutory requirements for each plan.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the various retirement plan options for small businesses.
- Differentiate SEP, SIMPLE, and qualified plans.
- Recognize the differences in SIMPLE IRA and SIMPLE 401(k) plans.
- Identify the statutory requirements for operation of qualified plans, such as 401(k) plans.
- Calculate the maximum amount of income that can be deferred through the use of various types of retirement plans available to small businesses.
- Recognize the tax consequences of distributions from the various retirement plans.
Field of Study: Tax
Course Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Self Study
Duration: 100 Minutes
Expiration: In accordance with NASBA standards, access to this course will terminate one year from the date of purchase. Incomplete courses will no longer be accessible beyond the one year deadline.